When you join the staff of The Price Center, you join a Community of Possibility. Discover the possibilities for professional growth and personal satisfaction that might be yours by applying for one of our available positions today.
- Relief Staff – Newton, MA
- Day Habilitation Case Manager – Dedham & Newton, MA
- Residential Case Manager - Newton & Brookline, MA
- Awake Overnight Staff – Newton, MA
- Life Skills Coach – Newton, MA
- IT Support – Newton, MA
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter. The Price Center Attn: Human Resources 77 Rowe St, Suite 200 Newton, MA 02466 Email: email@example.com Fax: 617-244-0069 Volunteers The Price Center also welcomes inquiries from prospective volunteers. Please contact Human Resources if you are interested in volunteering.
Relief Staff – Newton, MA
Summary Description Provide work placement and community integration support for Employment Supports individuals while in the program, in the community and at community work sites. Contribute to coordination of individual services and communication with community employers, other agency employees, families, government agencies and the community. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and ensure the health, safety, rights and dignity of individuals to encourage their independence while in the program, at community work sites and in the community, in accord with individual choice and human rights.
- Maintain community job placements, monitoring all required work tasks in a manner consistent with employers’ business practices.
- Facilitate natural supports, promote positive peer relations and integration opportunities for long-term supervision and advocacy.
- Use of own dependable vehicle to transport individuals and to pick up or deliver subcontract work as required.
- Per diem shifts available.
Day Habilitation Case Manager - Dedham & Newton, MA
Duties/Responsibilities: • Provide direct care services to adults with multiple developmental disabilities. • Adhere to all treatment plans for the individuals, maintaining records and progress notes. • Work with individuals or with small groups, helping them develop gross/fine motor skills, communication, activities of daily living and social skills, focusing on teaching and empowering individuals. Qualifications: • 1 year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities required. • High School Diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred. • Ability to work successfully as a member of a team. • Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. • Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and a willingness to use personal or agency vehicle in the course of employment. • Ability to lift and support the body weight of any program individual with the assistance of another staff member. Hours: • Newton – Full-Time, 8am-4pm, Monday through Friday. • Dedham – Full-Time, 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. Benefits: Full medical and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403(b) Retirement matching plan, tuition reimbursement program, paid vacation and time-off.
Residential Case Manager – Newton & Brookline, MA
• Provide direct care for adults with developmental disabilities focusing on daily living skills.
• Responsible for the daily tasks of maintaining a residence and the health and safety of all individuals.
• Actively maintain records/progress notes and implement training goals for residents.
• Help individuals develop social skills and access to the community focusing on teaching and empowering residents to maximize their capabilities. • Maintain close contact with family members and applicable agencies.
• Work with other case managers to assure complete compliance with all regulations.
• Current CPR, First Aid and MAP certifications are preferred or the ability to become certified upon hire.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities – understanding their lives, support system and health needs.
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and a willingness to use personal or agency vehicle in the course of employment. • Ability to lift and support the body weight of any program individual with the assistance of another staff member.
Hours, & Benefits:
• Full-time and part-time positions available.
• Full medical and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403(b) Retirement matching plan, tuition reimbursement program, employee referral bonus, paid vacation and time-off. Eligibility for certain benefits is dependent on the number of hours worked.
Awake Overnight Staff – Newton, MA
Under the general supervision of the Program Manager, the Awake Overnight Staff will provide overnight shifts at the residence. The Awake Overnight Staff shall perform: 1. Awake overnight shifts at the residence, each consisting of the performance of all necessary care, services, and supervision of the individuals between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. 2. Awake Overnight duties include general cleaning of the home, and any paperwork that the Program Manager may request. In addition, awake overnight staff will be required to do checks on the individuals while they are asleep to ensure their safety and health. 3.The Awake Overnight Staff will be responsible for the individuals morning routines and preparation for their day. 4. From time-to-time, such the Price Center may reasonably request additional services consisting generally of the care and supervision of individuals.
- Current CPR, First Aid and MAP certifications are preferred or the ability to become certified upon hire.
-Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities, work experience in a community setting.
-Possession of a valid Drivers license, a good driving record and a willingness to use personal or agency vehicle in the course of employment.
-Ability to interact with individuals, staff, and families in a professional manner.
-Ability to work successfully as a member of a program team.
-Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Hours & Benefits:
- Full-time and part-time positions available.
- Full benefits package including health, dental, retirement, employer-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off etc. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the number of hours worked.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Price Center in Newton is seeking a dynamic, personable, energetic and responsible person to provide Life Skills Coaching to participants of our ASCENT Program (Afternoon Social Club Encouraging Networking and Transitions). ASCENT is for young people with intellectual and developmental disabilities age 16 to 30 that are in the process of transitioning from the school system to adult lifestyles. ASCENT staff helps participants acquire essential skills while going to restaurants, using public transportation, shopping for and preparing healthy foods, engaging in career exploration and exploring the community through trips to the mall, museums, parks, and other fun places participants choose to go. Responsibilities involve planning and conducting individual and group life skills sessions focused on healthy habits, responsible decision making, career exploration, rights and advocacy and problem-solving. This is an ideal job for someone who is currently enrolled in an undergraduate Special Education program. The Life Skills Coach role offers invaluable experience for someone interested in building a career in the Human Services, Behavioral Analysis or Special Education field.
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred.
- 6 months experience working with school age children required.
- Experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred.
- Planning and facilitating 2 to 3 hour active learning sessions or outings.
- Organizing small groups of individuals that can be self- managed (by the individuals involved).
- Enabling residents to make decisions and taking responsibility for increasing levels of independence in their lives.
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and a willingness to use agency vehicle in the course of employment.
- Energetic, creative and outgoing.
Hours & Pay:
- 16 hours per week (Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Fri from 1:30-5:30pm) . These hours might increase occasionally for special events, vacation programs, and summer programming.
Duties and Responsibilities: – Diagnose and facilitate the repair of non-warranty technology in all Price Center locations. – Facilitate the deployment and configuration of personal computers. – Install operating systems, email accounts, ip addresses, local network configuration and software configuration. – Upgrade technology as needed. – Maintain Microsoft networks and monitor daily backups, email and internet logs. – Conduct system backups and preventative maintenance for network systems. – Under supervision, configuring servers and designing systems. – Train employees as needed on personal computers, utilizing the networks for file sharing and backup and train on upgraded Windows software. This is a one-person IT Department, with assistance from an IT Consultant as required.
- 1-2 years of network administration experience or an equivalent of training and experience to perform above duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and be self-motivated.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be willing to travel between locations (mileage is reimbursed) to address network or computer related issues.
- Must have experience with all Windows platforms.
- Familiarity with VMware, Cisco, Watchguard or SonicWall are a plus.
Full medical and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403(b) Retirement matching plan, tuition reimbursement program, employee referral bonus, generous paid time-off, and 12 paid holidays.
Salary & Hours:
- $40,000 – $48,000 per year.
- 30-40 hours per week based on education and experience.